With nearly 100 million U.S. smartphone users, you should have a mobile app for your business. If you don’t use mobile applications as part of your social marketing, you’re missing thousands, if not millions of potential customers. Look at these stats:
More interesting stats about mobile phone usage:
- 98% of iPhone users use the data features of their phone, 88% use their iPhone to surf the internet and 75% download apps. Source: The Neilson Company
- 60% of iPhone users access the internet at least once a day. Source: Rubicon Consulting Research
- The App Store is popular among iPhone owners, with 55.6% accessing news and information via a downloaded application, compared with 22.1% of smartphone owners, and 6.3% of all mobile phone users. Source: Comscore
- Smartphones are used everywhere: 95% – “downtime”; 82% – at work; 81% – shopping; 80% – at home; 65% – commuting to work. Source: Questus
- 37 percent of smartphone owners have purchased something non-mobile with their handset in the past 6 months. Source: Compete’s Smartphone Intelligence Survey 2009
- 50% of iPhone users are under thirty, and 15% are students. Source Rubicon Research Consulting
- The largest age group of iPhone users is 35-54 who account for 36% of all users, followed by 25-34 at 29%. Source: The Neilson Company
- 75% of UK iPhone users are males, mostly between the ages of 18-44. That figure is slightly up from UK smartphone ownership demographics, which suggests males comprise 65 per cent of owners. Source: Comscore The Neilson Company has revealed that 5% of iPhone owners are between 13 and 17 years old. Source: The Neilson Company
- By mid-January 2010, three billion apps have been downloaded from Apple’s app store alone. Source: Apple
- Apps that break the top 50 are generally downloaded over 10,000 times daily. Source: AdMob
- Mobile Analytics firm Flurry suggests an app ranked in the top five is downloaded more than 50,000 times a day. Source: imediaconnection.com
- In the US, mobile marketing budgets leapt by 26% in 2009, in contrast to a reduction of 70% in overall marketing spend. Source: MMF Panel.
Get in the hands of your prospects. Get a mobile application!