Mobile marketing is huge. Unfortunately, many B2B marketers are slow to adapt, believing that the complexity of B2B purchasing isn’t conducive to mobile devices.
Research shows that B2B marketing leaders are using mobile to drive, or influence, an average of more than 40 percent of their revenue. These leaders report that mobile speeds up time-to-purchase, particularly in more complex transactions, and a positive mobile user experience increases brand loyalty.
These insights and others are highlighted in the Boston Consulting Guide’s article, Mobile Marketing and the New B2B Buyer. The article also gives clear calls-to-action for B2B companies that don’t want to be left behind when it comes mobile marketing. These include:
- Addressing buyers where they are spending their time on mobile: on-the-go and in the workplace.
- Working to understand shifting customer behavior and mobile’s role.
- Invest in creating a great mobile experience for customers.
- Recognizing mobile’s impact, especially early in the purchase journey as customers formulate intent.
- Tracking the buying experience across media and devices.
- Testing increased investment in mobile advertising.
- Adapting technology and data collection to a company’s business model and size.
If you are looking to improve your B2B mobile marketing strategy but are unsure where to start, GoLeads can help. Give us a call today at 402-334-1824 and we’ll lead the way.
Internet searches are now more likely to take place on a mobile device than on a desktop and this trend shows no signs of slowing. While experts have long predicted mobile would eclipse desktop usage, many small businesses are understandably unsure about their mobile SEO strategy.
The popularity of mobile is no reason for businesses to panic but they do need to face the fact that more than half of all internet searches are now taking place on mobile devices. They also need to make sure that their SEO efforts are optimized for mobile or they are going to lose out on a lot of traffic.
The fact is, most businesses understand the importance of SEO. Now they need to understand how to use that knowledge and apply it to mobile. What follows are a list of tips to get started on the path to successful SEO for mobile:
- Compose Compelling, Concise Headlines. Since mobile screens are smaller, it is important that headlines are short and to the point. Creativity is the key here. Headlines cannot be too wordy and they must quickly grab the attention of the reader.
- Clip Content. Posting an important article or blog in its entirety is fine but include some snippets of information at the top of the story so readers know if they want to commit to reading the whole article.
- Test on Different Devices. Many businesses only test their website on one type of device, but this is a mistake. Test to see that your website fits devices of all sizes so that your website is accessible to all. Likewise, website designs and features that work well on desktop screens don’t always translate to mobile. Test to find out if yours does. If it doesn’t, go for a simpler, cleaner look for mobile.
- Mind Your Load Times. Loading speeds are important to users who are in a hurry and also to search engines. If it takes too long for your website to load, both will bail out on you.
- Don’t Forget Social Media. Optimizing your website for mobile is critical but don’t forget to do the same for social media.
Finally, while mobile optimization is getting a lot of attention these days, remember that just less than half of visitors to your website will be doing so from their desktop. This means that while you should make sure your website is optimized for mobile, it should not be at the expensive of visitors using desktops.