In the marketing world, it’s all about data. Data is gathered, it’s analyzed, it’s bought and it’s sold. Unfortunately, as important as data is to businesses, few of us are taking advantage of the most important—and accessible—data of all: our internal data. At GoLeads, we know that a company’s internal customer database is the most […]
Lead generation is the lifeblood of any business. While there are many effective ways to attract qualified leads, often you a little something extra to jumpstart your efforts.
While we aren’t suggesting that you forgo the tried-and-true methods of lead generation, there’s no harm in augmenting those methods periodically. What follows are some ways to do just that.
1. Consider product videos. A majority of people are visual learners. Consider posting videos that illustrate how one of your products works.
2. Get rid of (the word) spam. Research shows that when a company proclaims that it will never spam a customer, just reading the word spam makes a person less likely to buy. Protect your privacy is a better phrase to use.
3. Make sure your call-to-action stands out. When you make your call-to-action LARGER it results in more leads. Speaking of calls-to-action, more is almost never better. Instead of sprinkling a variety of calls-to-action on your webpage or in an email, stick with just one. Research shows that when people have too many choices, they are less likely to make one.
4. Don’t be afraid of a little self-promotion. Promoted tweets and Facebook posts get you more customer exposure. While these type of posts often get a bad rap, the truth is that as long as your promoted content is original and offers something of value, these posts can payoff.
5. Update your blogs. We all know how important original content is but updating blogs (when appropriate) can work just as well. If you previously wrote about an industry trend and new numbers come out regarding that trend, simply update your original blog to garner attention without spending a lot of extra time.
6. Make the most of your signature line. Studies show that the simple act of linking the signature line in your emails back to your website or landing page can increase traffic back.
7. Administer a quiz. When you offer a quiz on a timely and relevant topic, you can also gain a number of new leads. Make sure the quiz is simple to use, however, or people won’t bother to take it.
Adding a little something extra to your lead generation efforts doesn’t have to take a lot of time or effort. The payoff, however, makes it well worth it.
In today’s digital marketplace there have never been more ways to promote your business. Despite these new promotional avenues, tradeshows continue to be one of the most important marketing investments a company can make, particularly in the B2B industry.
The average B2B company will investment almost 40 percent of its annual marketing budget on tradeshows. This is not surprising considering tradeshows’ excellent return on investment.
So the question is not if a B2B company should attend tradeshows but rather which tradeshows should they attend. And this is an important question since tradeshows are a tremendous opportunity to show off new products, make new contacts and, most importantly, secure new sales leads.
In light of these facts, it is essential that you attend the tradeshows that are right for your particular company. Before you attend any tradeshow, however, you need to consider the following:
Cost: While it would be great to have a presence at all of the hottest tradeshows, a lot will depend on your budget. Once you decide how much you have to spend, you can determine which tradeshows to attend. It is important to do your research as different tradeshows charge different rates for many of the same offerings, including booth rental. Display design, shipping and traveling costs are all important considerations, as well.
Prepare: Once you have an idea of how much you have to spend on a particular trade show you need to make sure your booth is scaled for your rental space. You also need to make sure you have filled out all the necessary paperwork and are aware of any deadlines so that there are no surprises once you arrive at the tradeshow.
Promotion: Attending a tradeshow is a great way to promote your business but just showing up isn’t enough. Launching a new product? Make sure you have demos and product data sheets ready to go. Further, make sure your collateral is printed, checked and re-checked as far ahead of the tradeshow as possible.
Staffing: Who you will send to a tradeshow is almost as important as the tradeshow itself. The first thing you need to decide on is a point-person who will be responsible for making sure that everything runs smoothly. Next, make sure the individuals who will staff your booth are not only the most knowledge but also the most energetic. Tradeshows mean long and sometimes grueling days and nights of promoting your brand and the products and services you offer.
Finally, the most important aspect of any tradeshow is the follow-up. Make sure all of the leads you obtain at a tradeshow are immediately and correctly classified so they enter your sales funnel in the just the right place.
There are very few purchases you make without doing some comparison shopping. After all, smart shoppers want to know they are getting the best value for their money. They also want to take some time to investigate all their options.
GoLeads believes that when you compare our products and services to those of the competition, you will be impressed with what we have to offer. That’s why we don’t mind when potential customers take the time to look around.
At Goleads, we know that generating sales leads is an ongoing task for any business. There are countless ways to generate leads. These include things like attending meet-and-greets, setting up a booth at tradeshows, and staying active on social media.
However, when it comes to generating leads, you can always being doing more. That’s why the tried-and-true method of partnering with a list services company for new business leads is an important way to ensure that you are never short on prospects.
One of the most important ways a list services company can help you to refine and perfect your lead generation efforts is by allowing you to selectively target prospects by narrowing those prospects down by the specific perimeters you choose. Need prospects close to your headquarters? Want to get in touch with CEOs? Looking for nonprofits? No matter what you are looking for, a list services company can help you find it.
If you have decided that a list services company is the right decision for your business, the next step is to find the list services company that meets your specific needs. It may take some time to find the right match but it is definitely well worth the effort if you want the highest quality leads.
The best way to find the right list services company is to do some old-fashioned comparison shopping. By obtaining lists from companies you are considering hiring, you can quickly discern which company is best for you by trying out their lists and then answering a few questions:
- Do the leads match the criteria provided?
- Are the leads interested in what I am selling?
- Is the information up-to-date or will I spend a lot of time chasing down information that is missing or incorrect?
- What is the overall response rate of the leads?
- Does the amount I am paying per qualified sales lead make good financial sense?
Once you have answered these questions, you should have a good idea of what list services company is right for you. While comparing list companies might take some extra time, it is well worth the effort. Remember, high quality sales leads are the key to the success of your business.