Social media is a tremendous marketing tool for small businesses. This is especially true since it is relatively inexpensive but still able to produce an excellent ROI.
We have access to master lists of over 12 million businesses and 200 million consumers and our list experts are trained to help you navigate these databases to identify your best prospects.
Much is made about the importance of identifying a qualified lead. Equally important, however, is deciding whether a lead is a dead-end.
If you want to meet your sales quota, it is important that you spend time on leads that are likely to make a purchase. Unfortunately, many leads that have no intention of buying can suck up a lot of your time. That’s because these leads talk a lot about buying without having any intention of doing so.
In order to identify leads that are all talk but no action, we’ve come up with nine surefire ways to pinpoint leads that are likely nothing but time-wasters. And once you identify them, you will be free to concentrate on leads with real potential.
- Conduct background checks. Find out exactly who the lead is and if they fit into your target audience. If they don’t fit your criteria, go no further.
- Find out what their problem is. Ask the lead what problem your company can solve. If there isn’t one, you can bet there won’t be a sale, either.
- Ask about their budget. If your product or service costs more than their budget allows, it’s time to move along.
- Discover what they think your company can do for them. If a lead has an unrealistic view of what you can do for them, things aren’t going to work out.
- Ask about the competition. Serious leads are likely getting a variety of bids or checking out different companies. If you are the only one they have approached this is a red flag.
- Identify the decision maker. If you are not talking to a decision maker ask if you can, if the answer is no, there’s no point in pursing this lead.
- Get an address. If a lead is located outside your service area it’s time to move along.
- Check their level of engagement. If a lead is really interested in your company or service, they likely would have visited your website or connected with you on social media. If they haven’t, you can bet that they aren’t that into you.
- Consider how easy they are to follow up with. If you can’t get in touch with a lead after the initial contact (despite a few good attempts), it is probably best to move on. If they were really interested, they wouldn’t be avoiding you.
While you don’t want to discount a lead that may convert into a sale, neither do you want to waste your time on a dead-end lead. While being too picky may seem like a bad thing, being specific about what types of leads to pursue will pay off in the long run.
There are very few purchases you make without doing some comparison shopping. After all, smart shoppers want to know they are getting the best value for their money. They also want to take some time to investigate all their options.
GoLeads believes that when you compare our products and services to those of the competition, you will be impressed with what we have to offer. That’s why we don’t mind when potential customers take the time to look around.
At Goleads, we know that generating sales leads is an ongoing task for any business. There are countless ways to generate leads. These include things like attending meet-and-greets, setting up a booth at tradeshows, and staying active on social media.
However, when it comes to generating leads, you can always being doing more. That’s why the tried-and-true method of partnering with a list services company for new business leads is an important way to ensure that you are never short on prospects.
One of the most important ways a list services company can help you to refine and perfect your lead generation efforts is by allowing you to selectively target prospects by narrowing those prospects down by the specific perimeters you choose. Need prospects close to your headquarters? Want to get in touch with CEOs? Looking for nonprofits? No matter what you are looking for, a list services company can help you find it.
If you have decided that a list services company is the right decision for your business, the next step is to find the list services company that meets your specific needs. It may take some time to find the right match but it is definitely well worth the effort if you want the highest quality leads.
The best way to find the right list services company is to do some old-fashioned comparison shopping. By obtaining lists from companies you are considering hiring, you can quickly discern which company is best for you by trying out their lists and then answering a few questions:
- Do the leads match the criteria provided?
- Are the leads interested in what I am selling?
- Is the information up-to-date or will I spend a lot of time chasing down information that is missing or incorrect?
- What is the overall response rate of the leads?
- Does the amount I am paying per qualified sales lead make good financial sense?
Once you have answered these questions, you should have a good idea of what list services company is right for you. While comparing list companies might take some extra time, it is well worth the effort. Remember, high quality sales leads are the key to the success of your business.