Lead Generation Requires More than Cold Calls
Generating leads is tough during the best of times. COVID-19 made lead generation much more difficult as it wreaked havoc on the economy. It is in times like these that small businesses must think outside the box to bring in new business.
While the tried-and-true sales-driven cold call should not be completely abandoned, it is important to toss some new methods into the lead generation mix. In fact, it is at times like these that you should consider a digital marketing team (in-house or outsourced) to help target your cold calls. In other words, digital marketing research will allow you to spend your time on prospects who are likely to convert, instead of using the time-consuming and less effective blind cold calling.
Another reason why cold calls are not as effective right now is the difficulty of getting in touch with decision makers who have moved from the corner office to the kitchen table. To reach these decision makers, consider the following methods:
- Connect on LinkedIn
- Employ targeted Facebook ads
- Focus on inbound marketing that relies on content marketing such as blogs
- Targeted emails
- Keyword research and traffic data
If you have (correctly) determined that digital marketing is going to play a part during every stage of a prospect’s sales journey, it is important to have a well-thought out plan that can be executed for the greatest impact. This may seem daunting, but it is well worth the time and effort. If you really feel like you are in over your head, a digital marketing agency such as GoLeads can help guide you through the process.
So, what exactly should that process involve?
- Building brand awareness. Create content that connects, educates and inspires. In other words, content that solves a problem your prospect is experiencing.
- Conducting research. Now that a prospect is interested in what you have to offer, provide them with content related to their needs. Do your research so you can pinpoint those needs.
- Outperforming the competition. Rise above the competition (who is likely fighting for the very same prospects) with SEO, social media and pay-per-click (PPC) ads.
- Garnering attention. When interested prospects reach out to your business directly, keep them interested with targeted emails and phone calls.
The final step, of course, is a sales conversion. Whether this is a sale that is made online, on the phone or in person, the four steps listed above are what will get you to this point.
Talking to your most promising sales leads is always going to be important. This is especially true if your business was built on these types of calls. However, in these unprecedented times, sales conversions are likely to require more than just picking up the phone. Instead, you need to meet prospects where they are right now. During the current pandemic, that place is undoubtedly online.
If your small business is struggling to adjust its marketing strategy in light of the seismic changes taking place in the marketplace, let GoLeads help. Give us a call today at 402.334-1824 or visit www.goleads.com.
If you are struggling with how to realign your marketing efforts to meet the demands of today’s changing marketplace, GoLeads can help. It is what we have been doing for several of our small business clients over the past few months and we can do the same for you. Give us a call today at 402-334-1824 or visit us online at www.goleads.com.