Five Ways Small Businesses Can Increase Website Traffic
If you are a small business owner, it is important that you have a user-friendly and visually pleasing website. However, no matter how much you have invested in your website, it is useless without traffic.
From content creation to SEO to social media, there are several ways to drive—and increase—traffic to your website. The problem is, not all tactics work well for all websites. By the same token, many times it only takes one or two tactics to get the amount and type of traffic you are looking to generate.
If you are wondering what you need to do to get people to visit your website, take a look at the following suggestions. Choose one or two and track their success. If those methods aren’t generating traffic, choose another. If they are successful, capitalize on them to continue to increase traffic.
- Publish Original Content. It is hard to get noticed if you are publishing the same type of content as everyone else. Quality, groundbreaking content that readers cannot find anywhere else will not only appeal to prospects, it will lead to other websites referencing your data which will help direct traffic from their sites to yours.
- Don’t Reinvent the Wheel. If you are writing groundbreaking content, figure out how you can repurpose this content. This gives you the benefit of groundbreaking content that can be used over and over. After all, no matter how incredible your content is, if it isn’t cross-promoted, updated, or used across different platforms, you are missing out on a great deal of value.
- Talk to Authorities in Your Industry. By interviewing noted experts in your particular industry, you are basically able to use their expertise to drive traffic to your website.
- Use the Correct Social Media Platforms. If you are marketing to dentists, find out where dentists are hanging out online. One easy way to do this is to look at where your competitors are interacting with your target audience. Sure Instagram may seem like a popular social media platform but if your prospects don’t use it, there is no reason to waste your time on it.
- Gather Email Addresses. Once you get a visitor to your site, make sure they come back for more. If you are able to get secure the email address of a visitor, you will be able to continue to engage them on a regular basis and encourage repeat website visits.
If you are a small business, your website can be one of your most successful sales and lead generation tools. Until you get visitors to your website, however, there is no way for this to happen.