Eight Elements to Ensure a Successful Content Marketing Campaign
An effective content marketing campaign can do wonders for your brand. However, if not executed correctly, such a campaign is a waste of time and money. So, how can you make sure you are laying the foundation for success?
The best marketing campaigns will begin with an understanding of exactly what you are hoping to accomplish through your campaign. The best part is that no matter how small your business, you can still execute a high-quality content marketing campaign.
Of course, there are particular elements that need to be included in any successful content campaign. What follows is a brief overview of those elements:
- Optimized Page Titles: Keep in mind that it is the page title (or headline) that shows up on search engine results pages. If the title isn’t enticing, no one is going to click on it. Page titles also can be used for keyword ranking.
- Meta Descriptions: A clear and concise meta description offers a very short preview of your content and encourages people to click on it.
- Images and Text: A little text is necessary in most infographics, but anything more doesn’t make sense. If you are including static graphics with lots of text, a long-form content page makes more sense. In terms of SEO, these types of pages will beat a static image.
- Internal Links: Links to key pages and links from key pages are an often overlooked, but important, element of content marketing.
- Datasets: When using datasets in content, consider implementing the appropriate Schema markup so that search engines understand the context of the page.
- Visuals: Visuals make a big impact but can slow down pages if not optimized correctly. That is why it is important to compress all images and name your files and optimize the image ALT text to help search engines understand them.
- Tracking and Measurements: Always track and measure the success of every piece of content. Failing to do so means you can’t make the necessary changes to improve performance or capitalize on successes.
- Open Graph Tags: If your content is shared on social media, it will be more likely to generate more traffic and shares if the image, title and description are customized for these purposes.
Your content marketing campaign can have the most compelling content in the world but if it doesn’t include the elements listed above, it can’t do its job. On the other hand, outstanding content coupled with these elements will put you on the road to content marketing campaign success.